Monday, October 3, 2011

Classroom Reveal...Take Two!

Okay, so I am finally settled in my new school, therefore it's time for what you all have been waiting for...the reveal! So here goes.

The Before:


The after:
The big picture!

The view when you walk in, to the left.

Left side of the room from the front

View from the front of the room

My work area, a little different than I am used to because of the shape of the room.

What is at the end of each group (same as before, just added a new group sign)

New bulletin board, to post anchor charts or use when I am meeting small group

NEW to this room! Center Central. It's where I put, use, and kids can interact with Daily 5 and Daily Math materials. Will put folder games, games I have made and put into large envelopes, and even picture books on topics we are reviewing...in the pocket chart.

Found a use for a bucket! Hung three of them that contain manipulatives they will use for different games.

Because I am a firm believer in putting all my furniture up against walls, I don't have much wall space for vocabulary walls...so use whatcha got!

NEW to this room! I am starting Daily Math, therefore had to have another place to list groups, where else but under the board!

I got this idea from Pinterest! They are spray painted pizza pans, hot glue a little ribbon and tada! I love how they turned out. So next to each pan (group), is a pocket that I can put the number of the pocket from my pocket chart (in center central) that they can go to and use materials for seatwork or partner work during Daily Math. The names have magnets on the back, so I can move the kiddos around too! Did you follow that?

My library, A little more consolidated than before.

My behavior chart, and Center or Daily 5 group rotation (the circles are just die cut and a magnet on the back, don't know why I didn't think of that before!). To the left, my listening center, squeezed in there!

Outside wall...took the leaf idea from a co-worker at my old school...I think hers look better, see below!

My sign I made with my Cricut!
Well that's all for tonight. I hope you enjoyed, maybe even have been inspired...again!