Monday, October 3, 2011

Classroom Reveal...Take Two!

Okay, so I am finally settled in my new school, therefore it's time for what you all have been waiting for...the reveal! So here goes.

The Before:


The after:
The big picture!

The view when you walk in, to the left.

Left side of the room from the front

View from the front of the room

My work area, a little different than I am used to because of the shape of the room.

What is at the end of each group (same as before, just added a new group sign)

New bulletin board, to post anchor charts or use when I am meeting small group

NEW to this room! Center Central. It's where I put, use, and kids can interact with Daily 5 and Daily Math materials. Will put folder games, games I have made and put into large envelopes, and even picture books on topics we are reviewing...in the pocket chart.

Found a use for a bucket! Hung three of them that contain manipulatives they will use for different games.

Because I am a firm believer in putting all my furniture up against walls, I don't have much wall space for vocabulary walls...so use whatcha got!

NEW to this room! I am starting Daily Math, therefore had to have another place to list groups, where else but under the board!

I got this idea from Pinterest! They are spray painted pizza pans, hot glue a little ribbon and tada! I love how they turned out. So next to each pan (group), is a pocket that I can put the number of the pocket from my pocket chart (in center central) that they can go to and use materials for seatwork or partner work during Daily Math. The names have magnets on the back, so I can move the kiddos around too! Did you follow that?

My library, A little more consolidated than before.

My behavior chart, and Center or Daily 5 group rotation (the circles are just die cut and a magnet on the back, don't know why I didn't think of that before!). To the left, my listening center, squeezed in there!

Outside wall...took the leaf idea from a co-worker at my old school...I think hers look better, see below!

My sign I made with my Cricut!
Well that's all for tonight. I hope you enjoyed, maybe even have been inspired...again!

25 comments:

Teachermum said...

Good luck in your new classroom. It looks great.
I'm your newest follower...as a teacher.

Katie King said...

beautiful as anticipated!

Katie
Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) said...

1) LOVE the red polka dots...my favorite them colors - red, white, and black!

2) What did you use to hold your books on your shelves? the black ones? I am looking to redo my classroom library, but i have TONS of books, and a lot of what I'm finding is a little on the expensive side.

thanks!

Jen

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

Welcome Teachermum...hope you enjoy and find things you can use.

THANKS Katie!!

@Jen R. I used small square crates, I use to be able to find them at the Dollar Store, but that is hit and miss. However, every school year WalMart carries them, of course different colors different years...they usually run about $1.19. They do carry the "white/clear" ones year round on the aisle with all the storage containers. If you are lucky they may have colored ones left from the back to school sales (this year red and black were their colors). The clear ones I use for the larger books, those are shoe "boxes". I also have gotten all the black shelves from WalMart. HINT: Staple gun the backing board as well as nail it, makes them last A LOT longer! Good Luck!

Kristin said...

I found you through Katie, Queen of the First Grade Jungle. I'm so glad I did. I've been reading through all of your posts . . . I'm so happy your sister is home! That is super exciting. And your classroom is adorable - I have to make pizza pans now and hang buckets on my wall and get cute trash cans, too. :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Diane McCullough said...

I am a pre-service teacher and I stumbled across your blog. I love what you did with your room. I am planning a red, white and black color scheme. I'm going for an investigative reporter theme (I am a huge supporter of inquiry learning). I love your desk arrangements as well. I'm just giddy with excitement!

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

@Kristin...thanks for stopping by! I am glad you were able to get some ideas. If you need buckets check out my business FB page, the follow me on FB button. I also made the trash cans. Let me know if you are interested.

@Diane...I wish I had found blogs and such to glean ideas from when I was doing my student teaching, it may have saved me a few years of trial and error. I had a friend change her theme to the investigator idea this year. It was really cute.

Diana said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. Crazy cute!

Ms. Patterson said...

YOur classroom looks awesome! I love the red and dots. I just found your blog through pinterest and I am so happy I did. I just became your newest follower!


I would love for you to visit my blog and follow me.

Ms. Patterson
Pocket Full of Kinders

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

Ms. Patterson...thanks for following, glad to have you. Love your blog too!

Kristen said...

Where did you get your directors chair?!

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

The chair was a class gift, but I know she picked it up at Cost Plus World Market. I think they may have a website. Love it!!!!

kaylee said...

How did you attach your clipboards under your bulletin boards? Do the kids ever knock them off accidentally?

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

@Kaylee...I used ordinary white hooks from WalMart and attach the clipboards backwards. They don't tend to get knocked down or in the way at all. Here are a few close ups from a previous post that might help you get a better idea: http://dandelionsdragonflies.blogspot.com/2011/08/freebie-friday.html

Anonymous said...

Love all your ideas! Where did you get the black shelves at the end of the desks?

Karla said...

Love your classroom! <3

How did you put together the board on the back wall? I am not sure if it is a cork board and you stapled the paper and trim, or if it's a magnetic whiteboard...

Thanks!

Karla :)

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

It is cork board...I used fabric and border and stapled it all. I had to use a staple gun, the cork was really really tough!

Dandelions and Dragonflies said...

I purchased the black shelves at WalMart...usually around $15 for the small ones.

Kedra said...

I love how you have decorated your room. I am having to move upstairs for the next school term. I am so excited to see what you have done in your class. This gives me lots of hope and ideas :)

Thanks,
Kedra

Jill said...

Love everything. I am so inspired!!!

Digi Scrap Delights said...

WOW! I am really impressed. What a fun classroom. You are obviously a great teacher. Had there been more like you I wouldn't need to homeschool :)

I think you have visited my Etsy Here is a coupon for you and your teacher friends; DSDsave20 for 20% Off Digi Scrap Delights.

Thank YOU for caring for children.

Blessings,
Robin

Jennifer Jackson said...

I love the pizza pans too! I have seen many "pins" on using spray painted pans...I can't wait to try it and make them useful and cute like yours!! :)

Tamera said...

Loving the ladybugs! Red & black throughout looks amazing!
I am your newest follower.
Stop by sometime.
:)
Tamera
http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

connie Page said...

I love where you hung the backpacks.. How did you get them on the cinderblock wall! I have a wall that is near an area that has to be kept clear (exit in case of emergency) I never know what to do there.. the hanging backpack rack would be ideal!!!