I have been doing a few crafts, not for my classroom as of yet, but for my house and opened my "business" back up...the bucket making thing. I did manage to move my stuff into my classroom and was told I should be able to start setting my room up next week! Yea! Now I just need to get my daughter enrolled in her preschool so I can ditch her...I mean drop her off for some educational experiences and friend "making" opportunities. I'll tell you what just trying to get the boxes moved in with her hanging around was a HUGE task!
So here are a few snapshots of what I've been doing!
It was a TON of work
Step one: clean with a metal brush
Step two: apply rust remover chemicals and then rinse and let dry
I did find some iron under the paint and rust!
Step three: apply primer to keep the rust from coming back
Step four: apply white paint (three coats!)
I'll post a picture of it when it is all set up with the bedding and such.
Finally some new buckets I've done (again not for my room yet)