Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Writing Brochures

I am such a bad blogger! I guess my New Year's resolution will be to get back into the swing of blogging. After teaching the same grade level for seven years I forgot how much work is involved in being on a new grade level: learning the curriculum, making EVERYTHING from mimio lessons (interactive board) to interactive notes and lesson plans from scratch...I could go on! I guess I really took advantage of the fact that I had so much to "pull" from in terms of my own creations. Even if I had to "tweek it" or adjust it, at least it wasn't from scratch.

One thing that I did do before the Thanksgiving break was a HUGE hit. It was the Turkey Survival Kit brochure. I do think that I had mentioned it in a previous post, but I was really impressed with how much thought the students put into making this brochure...and it helped that they had so much fun making it! The basic idea of the brochure is that the students must create a kit that will help a turkey survive Thanksgiving Dinner (not be eaten). Each page of the brochure should contain an item that would help the turkey, it could be made up or real. A lot of the students included something camouflage and/or something that would "de-scent" the turkey to detour a hunter. Again they were great!

So I made a new packet. This packet includes four different winter brochure ideas, instructions, cover pages, and inside pages. I can't wait to use these with my kids in the next few days. Three of them can even be used after the Christmas Break! Click below to view the brochure packet in my TpT store.