Saturday, June 23, 2012

NEW look....

If you are reading this then you should notice that things are looking a little different around here!

I am so excited about my new custom design! I love love love it!

When I first started blogging one of the biggest, most challenging, and probably most annoying aspects was layouts and templates. Don't get me wrong some of the free layouts are cute but there was always something that I wanted different or something that didn't work how I "thought" it should be. I'm sure some of you know what I mean. For someone that is pretty computer savvy, I was so frustrated that something I thought would be so simple was so complicated. The computer codes were so confusing. I admitted defeat and went with the template.

Well when I found out one of my good blogging buddies actually made custom designs with one of her friends. I was ecstatic, seriously I couldn't have been more excited! So about 70 emails later (not kidding), this is what they came up with. Did I tell you I loved it?!?!

They were so fun and easy to work with. They thought of every little detail (thus the 70 emails). So if you are interesting in getting your own custom designs I highly recommend them! Head over and check out their amazing work!


It was also fun to work with some amazing artists:





And last but not least Misty, not only does she design and make great blogs, but she also has her very own teacher blog! Head on over and follow her...I promise you will not be disappointed!


What do you think of the new design???

Finally thank you for hanging in there with me as I catch up on my business. Being gone for two weeks really put me behind. All my teacher friends placed orders for next year's classroom...I'm not complaining at all!!! Seriously, I am truly blessed that my buckets/caddies took off like they did. I am just having to learn to juggle it all. I have made over 40 buckets in the past five days! Whew!

22 comments:

Aimee V. said...

I love your new design! Honey Bunch designed my blog as well.

Aimee
Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

Katie King said...

LOOOOVE your new design! So cute and it matches your classroom so well :)

Holly said...

I absolutely love it! So perky and cute!

http://www.gradeonederful.com/2012/06/small-pod-sharing_22.html?showComment=1340453808157#c8044289419344592186

Kelly said...

I love it! I've had the same problems you were having with the free templates. I was trying not to spend more money, but after reading your post I've decided it might be worth it.

Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

Mrs. Anderson said...

Your new design looks great!! I love the colors!!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Miss T said...

Super cute ! I love the colors.
Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilitites!

Tara said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Love the pop of the fun colors:))))

4th Grade Frolics

April Kreitzer Wolfe said...

Looks lovely!!

April
Wolfelicious

Tricia said...

Super duper cute new look. I hate that I miss blog designs when reading posts through google reader. I think the designs say a lot about a person.

Tricia
Queen with Class

Lisa R. said...

Ahhh!!! I totally love this! If you have seen blog you would see that we have very similar taste in colors & polka dots lol!! They did a fantastic job! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kristin said...

I love it!!! Adorable! My favorite is the pennants between posts!

Heidi said...

Super cute. I am loving the colors. I have loved everything I have seen from Honey Bunch :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Jessica said...

It looks awesome!! And yes Erika and Misty are great to work with.
Jessica

Apples and Papers

ThinkWonder Teach said...

So glad you love it!! I had so much fun doing a blog for a dear friend. Now most people don't get 70 emails but we had lots of fun!!

HUGS!!
Misty

Think, Wonder, & Teach
Honey Bunch Blog Design

Miss Foote said...

Adorable. I love it!

Confessions of a Teaching Junkie said...

I LOVE the new look! I am very much into the red and black myself these days (as you'll see when I post my Monday Made-Its.) It looks very snappy!
Teresa
Confessions of a Teaching Junkie
Find me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Sara Soucy said...

I love your new design!! The polka dots are my favorite!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

DeLaina said...

Very Cute!!!!!!!!! Adorable, in fact!!!

Tessa said...

They did mine as well and I love it!

I love the polka dots and it matches your classroom so well!

Tessa
Tales From Outside the Classroom

Miss L said...

Love the new design Jessica! I am awarding your blog the One Lovely Blog award :)

You can learn more about it on my blog
Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

Maria said...

I love how cute your blog is. I found you on Classroom DIY and I am your newest follower.

Maria
Kinder-Craze

Owl Things First said...

It looks great! They are working on mine right now! I can't wait to see the completed project!!
Jenny

Owl Things First