Sunday, September 25, 2011

Smart Beads!

I can't claim to ownership of this idea...but HAD to share! It is such a simple yet fantastic idea. A third grade teacher, Jennifer Joslyn, at my new school shared it with me. I then took the idea and ran with it. It is called Smart Beads. Whenever a student participates in class, maybe when no one else will, gets a question correct, basically just stands out in making an effort academically you tell them to get a smart bead (I bought mine at the dollar store/ 8 for $1). Then at then end of the day they trade their smart beads in for a smart slip to take home and give to their parents, they can share with them how they earned them. I love this idea because it can boost confidence academically, instead of just focusing on behavior. Here is the printable I remade of the smart slip and a picture of the bin ($2 from Target) that I added some lettering to. ENJOY!



Why does blogger tend to do this with some of my pics? Sorry it's sideways


Click on the image to retreive