Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday

Hey y'all! Today I'm participating over at Blog Hoppin' for Meet the Teacher Monday.



***
Tell us a little something about you....
I am a 3rd grade teacher, mommy, wife, and crafter on the side.
How long have you been teaching?
I have been teaching for 10 years. I have taught 3rd grade in Georgia for most of them, 4th and 5th in California,  and PreK in Florida.
You might not know...
That I can be pretty funny and scarcastic when I want to be! Even though I am a structured, organized teacher and person I love to have a good time.
What are you looking most forward to this school year?
Not having "that class" this year. I must admit I paid my dues last year and was promised a little relief this year, so here's hoping!
What do you need to improve? 
This year a lot of our grading procedures and policies have changed. We, as a grade level, are pushing through and struggling together trying to "make it work for us"...it's been rough already.
What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
Where do I begin??? Binders, labels, FONTS (I LOVE fonts), my mimio, anything to do with technology for that matter, my new AMAZING pencil sharpener, brand new sharpies, chisel tip Expo markers...I could go on and on!
 
***
So that's it for me...it's now your turn to go link up at Blog Hoppin' for Meet the Teacher Monday. Have fun!