Friday, August 19, 2011

Classroom Sign Tutorial

So as the second week of school comes to an end, with curriculum night behind me, and lesson plans for next week done...I begin to feel a slight bit of relief and then suddenly it's gone. I just washed a load of laundry for the third time, my husband informed me (after I started it) that he ran it for the second time when he came home from work, ugh! I have buckets to make (not complaining there, it's a lot like calming therapy for me) but also know my house could use a HUGE scrubbing! But I decided to take a few minutes and give you guys this tutorial and a freebie for Friday! Enjoy.


What you need:
Background color of choice, sponge roller, canvas size of choice, Cricut and Vinyl letters of choice (or some way to put letters on canvas)

First coat entire canvas in the base color of your choice.

Once I had it coated I decided I wanted to add "depth" so I purchased these supplies:
I found some paper stencils on sale at WalMart, bought a shade darker paint, and some sponge stencil "brushes"
I did go over the stencil design with the lighter paint one more time, to mute them. When the paint was dry I simply cut the letters/sayings using my Cricut and stuck them on! 


Here is your Friday Freebie, click to retrieve six Reader's/Writer's Workshop headers: