Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My New Obsession

Okay to I have to admit I have a problem...well, maybe an obsession. I am completely obsessed with different markers/pens to use with my interactive notebooks!

Seriously I find myself staring at the different Sharpies (fine point), Felt Pens (love them, but not how quickly they dry out), and any other type of "fancy" marker/pen I can use for my notebooks.






As you can see in previous posts I love to make my notebooks eye catching, exciting, and colorful! Warning, if you are going to use these markers/pens you must have a buffer page in your notebook at all times, and of course you can't use the back of the pages. With this said, I have almost filled an entire spiral notebook for math already!

The current problem that I have is my daughter found my stash in my bookbag! I really didn't want to share AT ALL!!!! Because no on touches my pens, NO ONE! Okay so she does, but I must say she has been really good with them, and basically uses them to play school...setting different ones out for different students. But I am thinking when I have a little extra cash I am going to invest in a second set that will be mine ONLY, and keep the others in my bag for when she wants to play school!

I also wanted to let you know that I have seen a little break in the clouds of testing, teaching, lesson planning, data collecting, meeting, conferencing, and so on...therefore I have put together TWO, yep TWO great things to give you all! I know, it's long overdue! I was all ready to post one tonight, wrote the post and everything! Then realized I had everything I needed, minus the pictures that explain the "how to"! UGH! So stay tuned!

7 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

I LOVE Flair pens...I use them for my correcting (and the kids don't mind the fun colors either ;).

I do have two sets...one the stays at school, and one that travels in its own little pouch. So I completely understand about not sharing!

:) Kaitlyn
Smiles and Sunshine

Kristin said...

You're speaking my language!!!!! :)

Jennifer said...

I CANNOT walk past gel pens without buying them. Even if I already have that very set! Especially if they have glitter!
Rowdy in First Grade

Kelly Hall said...

I have the same problem...I love when the kids start bubbling around titles like mine!!!!

Greg Smedley said...

I love pens too! Have you seen the bic Crystal Bold pens? Check them out!

I'm a new follower!

Greg


Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

Kelly said...

It must be a teacher thing, I was so excited when a friend of mine gave me a package of 20 Expo markers several years ago. who knew they came in such beautiful colors. Of course those were only for teacher use, the kids got black and maybe some red or blue. haha

Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

Barbara Pagnotti said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only pen/marker obsessed teacher out there!