Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer is here, but first...

As most of you know I was asked to move up to 5th grade next year, which meant moving rooms again! So I spent most of yesterday moving from upstairs to downstairs (what a work out). Thanks to some great friends and co-workers all of my stuff made it down the stairs and to the new hallway. I knew I would spend the day today cleaning and arranging the school furniture how I wanted it, then moving my things in...not necessarily unpacking but at least setting up some things. Well much to my surprise, when I arrived at school this morning all my things were in my classroom along with a few things from the previous teacher.

It took a lot of deep breathing, some walking away, more deep breathing, and a little Micky D's Sweet Tea to calm me down. I'm not sure if you all know this or have thought this, but yes I am slightly OCD...rule #1 when dealing with someone that is OCD: Don't touch their stuff! Seriously! You may think you are helping, but your not...(which they really did think they were helping and in all fairness I have not been at my new school very long and they don't know me that well yet...and some think I am joking when I say I'm OCD until something happens like today).

Therefore I spent most of the day moving things so that I could move other things. Needless to say I am pretty tired, and yes finally calmed down. So here are a few pictures from this morning and afternoon. Keep a watch out for updates throughout the summer!

This morning:





This afternoon:










8 comments:

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

I feel you!! I like to have control over my things, especially when organizing. Can't wait to see how you set-up your new class! I loved teaching 5th...

Lisa R. said...

Yeah that's not cool! I am the same way when people touch my things. Good luck with the organizing & setting up!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Becky F. said...

Bless your heart having to redo things all over again. I guess you can say that's one good thing about not being able to put much up on the walls-at least you didnt have gobs to take down! That's always the part I dread when packing up for the summer. I am in the process of painting my shelves and some other things so they all match. I'm going all black and red too but I'm sure it won't look near as cute as yours! Have a good summer!

Mrs. Polston said...

Sorry for the double move :(
I must say however that your room looks HUGE! I am having room envy over all the space you have.

Michele said...

I can completely understand because I am the same way! I know how hard that must have been. It is almost hard for me to even breathe or think when that happens! Some people just do not understand and it wouldn't bother them at all if we touched their stuff. I hope things are okay now and you can get to organizing your new room:) Good luck!!

Mrs. Yoder said...

Oh, that is soooo me!

Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration. I have been on sabbatical and went to the school to move the rest of my things to my new room and someone had taken everything in the room and made two huge piles in the middle of the room on the floor ( I was also 6 and a half months pregnant)! I am also very OCD. I can't stand people moving my things. You past pictures of your room have looked amazing and I envy how organized you are.

Laura said...

I just came across your blog via pinterest and Girl you are awesome! I also teach fifth grade. I cant wait to keep up with your blog all year long. I also have a blog laurasopenhouse.blogspot.com its kinda a lost cause during the summer, but I do keep up with it during the school year! Thanks so much for your great organization ideas!