Monday, December 12, 2011

Sunday Post Continued

I rolled over in bed this morning and vaguely heard the sound of school bus breaks screeching...I thought "that's strange the bus comes at 7:00". COMPLETE panic hit and I sat straight up in bed....looked at my clock...blinked and looked again.

YEP I had done it, overslept...by 2hrs!!!!!! See I am a get up early and take my time getting ready girl, I also have a 2yr old that on a good day it takes 30 minutes to get her dressed and out the door to day care. I usually LEAVE my house by 6:45, and I have to BE at work at 7:30 (20min commute, on a good day). Needless to say I made it to school by 7:35.

Thanks to naturally curly hair..and jeans week I managed to only look half way disheveled. I woke my hubby up and told him he was taking the kiddo to daycare, not something he usually does because he works night shift...but this was an emergency.

My only other problem was this week is Secret Santa week...and thanks to being  "late" I had to find time to secretly leave my gift...oye! Not the way to start the week. If you know me at all I am a very prompt and organized person, so this only put me in sheer panic that I would not get done what I need to get done this morning! I have NEVER (in my 10 yrs. of teaching) ever been that late getting up in the morning. But somehow I pulled it together and made it through the day, getting done MOST of what I wanted.

I even managed to get my Vocabulary Wall together and take pictures.





Each bucket has a tag on it. The tags are in groups. My students have numbers assigned to them and they know that their vocabulary ring is in that bucket (I don't think I explained it too well).





Each student has 5 vocabulary (sight words) that they will work on throughout the week. I also printed a name card for their ring. The cards I used were the new blank cards just for pocket charts (I found them at the School Box). I laminated them and cut them out. That way each week I can erase their words and give them new ones.



I keep their word work assignments written on the small white board. Any worksheets for word work I place in the large envelopes (I LOVE these, what a great way to hid pieces and papers, but the clasps break easily).

Finally I promised a promised a  picture of the finished ornament tutorial. This is one that I made two years ago. I will also post a picture of the finished one from this year. I promise the picture does NOT do it justice.